It’s a serious question. These days, we all lead busy lives. There never seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything we have to. Why would I want to take on yet another commitment by going to church?
Church attendance offers a time and place to recharge our batteries and nourish our spiritual side, to complement how we nourish our bodies. It is somewhere where we can let go of our day-to-day worries to find spiritual and emotional refreshment. As Jesus said, “Come to me all who are weary and carrying heavy burdens, and I will refresh you.”
In a world where so many of our interactions are on-line, St George’s offers a welcoming and friendly community – or so people tell us. Here are some reasons that people have given as to why they come to St George’s:
- I have so much in my life to thank God for
- It grounds me for the week ahead
- I’ve always gone to church
- My kids make me come – they love it
- The people really care about me
- Going to church reminds me to think of others as well as myself
- Jesus’ message is relevant to our world today
- St. George’s is active in the community
- It gives my life purpose
So take the time, even just once, to do the one thing we ask of our neighbours who don’t go to Church: Come and See.